Medical Records Scanning Services
Medical Records Scanning Services help hospitals, clinics and medical practices add paper-based patient charts to ElectronicÂ Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems. As an increasing number of healthcare organizationsÂ implement EMR and HER Systems, the importance of Medical Records scanning is growing exponentially. Many practices andÂ clinics are finding that scanning all of the legacy patient chart information is often an unexpectedly larger challenge than originallyÂ expected. All Pro Solutions has a team of professionals who use their experience and expertise to make the entire process easyÂ and efficient.
What is our process for Medical Record Conversion?
Our proven Eight-Step Approach allows healthcare organizations to outsource patient chart scanning while continuing to operateÂ efficiently and effectively. Our experience means we can take action to prevent many of the pitfalls that can occur during scanningÂ process. The Eight-Step Approach includes:
1. Preparing documents for transport to our Scanning Facility: Our team will work with your staff to coordinate the packing,Â preparation and moving of your medical records to our Production Document Scanning Facility. We ensure that you continue to haveÂ access to your patient information throughout the process by bar coding every chart and box as it is sent out for scanning.
2. Receipt of documents: Once patient charts are received at our facility, our team will carefully inventory your Information, then provideÂ a detailed tracking manifest of all of the information that weâ€™ve received, enabling us to rapidly and simply access a patient chart if itâ€™sÂ needed during the Medical Record Scanning process.
3. Document preparation: Preparing medical records for scanning is often the most time-consuming, tedious part of the process. OurÂ experts will remove all staples and fasteners, repair any ripped or torn pages and carefully sort out the different sections of a patient chart,Â Â ensuring that you can access the information you need, whenever you need it.
4. Scanning: Our Production Document Scanning facility is equipped with cutting edge equipment from Kodak and Cannon, featuringÂ Web Docs VRS Technology, allowing us to capture all types of detailed information, from progress notes to Diagnostic Imaging Results.
5. Quality Control: When scanning Medical Records, specifically patient charts, quality control is essential. So, to ensure readability andÂ quality, we review every image by carefully analyzing to make certain that nothing is missed during scanning process
6. Indexing: Weâ€™ll work with your EMR and EHR vendor to make sure we capture and tag your charts with all of the important information soÂ you can access the scanned images through your software. We can index your files based on Date of Birth, Patient ID Number, First and LastÂ Name and any other information you need to help you access your files.
7. Importing your data into your Electronic Medical Records (EMR)Â or Electronic Health Record (HER) Systems:Â We will handle the integration points and guarantees that your imagedÂ data will be delivered to your EMR or EHR System efficiently. We removeÂ the headaches often associated with importing information by partneringÂ with many leading vendors to update their systems at the database level.
8. Inventory of your documents and disposal:Â Oftentimes, a practice, hospital or clinic will want to preserve the physicalÂ paper for peace of mind. All Pro Solutions offers secure, climate-controlledÂ Medical Record Storage to store your information for as long as itâ€™s needed.Â In addition, we offer Certified Document Destruction to ensure yourÂ information is properly disposed of when the time comes.