Microfilm & Microfiche Scanning
With the advances in technology, converting legacy data from Microfilm to a more serviceable format, such as TIF or PDF images, has become a requirement for any companies and government organizations. All Pro Solutions offer outsourced services to help convert and index this data to companies of all sizes.
The Challenge of Converting Microfiche and Microfilm to Digital
Many companies and government organizations have large amounts of information stored on Microfilm Rolls or Microfiche Cards. In many instances, these rolls are not easily accessible and cannot be shared between various people within the organization. In addition, as time passes, the equipment (known as Microfilm or Microfiche Reader) used to search for data on these rolls is often damaged or unavailable, making access to the information nearly impossible.
The Solution of Converting Microfiche and Microfilm
All Pro Solutions help clients convert rolls of Microfilm and Microfiche jackets to images on CD, DVD or online. We will index the Film or Fiche with keywords or index values, to help users quickly locate and access the data for which they are looking. As the demand for immediate, shared access to information increases, All Pro Solutions offers clients an easy, outsourced method of changing this legacy information to TIF or PDF images. All Pro Solutions have the ability to convert film that is 35 mm or 16 mm, Blipped or Unclipped for Microfiche and can accommodate either Jacketed or COM Fiche. If you don’t know what type of Microfilm or Microfiche you have, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help convert a sample of your data and let you know what the format is.
The Results of Converting Microfiche and Microfilm
By providing immediate access to information that was once stored on Microfilm or Microfiche, organizations are better equipped to address the needs of their end-user communities, information can be searched and retrieved in seconds, without needing any specialized equipment. Additionally, data is more readily available to help with audit and compliance requirements, such as Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA).
Benefits of Images vs. Microfilm / Microfiche
- Free your space: have all your microfiche or microfilm images organized, digitally indexed and collated in an easily searchable format
- Save time: reduce wasted time for microfiche or microfilm image retrieval. Enable multiple users to access converted microfiche or microfilm images simultaneously over a network.
- Reduce overheads and improve efficiencies: converted microfiche or microfilm images can be used in documents, printed, faxed or even e-mailed. Microfiche or microfilm images can be provided in searchable format, providing greater search capabilities and complete document portability.
- Disaster recovery: protect your data from fire or flood — instant electronic back up of your microfiche or microfilm images for disaster recovery. Companies have archived data on microfiche or microfilm over many decades. Much of this information is still of value today and is regularly searched for. All Pro Solutions can help save wasted time searching for valuable records and improve business efficiencies. Digital records provide flexible multi-user access.
- Store up to 15,000 images on one single CD, or as many as 200,000 images on a DVD
- Remove outdated Microfilm and Microfiche Readers
- Image retrieval from Microfilm / Microfiche is quicker
- Images can be OCR’d to provide for full-text searching within the contents of the documents for greater search capabilities and complete document portability